Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blog From the Beat 5

It's been a relatively quiet weekend at the EWF HQ and houseshows. Jonny James is still in the hospital, but no word from TR or Ness yet regarding the horrifying attacks from the Covenant. West Side War is fast approaching. I had a moment to speak with the Louisiana Kid, newly drafted from the SLW, where he was a long time champion.

CM: Last time we spoke was in St. Louis, how has the transition to the big leagues been?

LK: I'll be honest, rough.

CM: How so?

LK: I was a dominant wrestler in the SLW, but up here, frankly I'm a jobber.

CM: What's that mean for the layman who's reading?

LK: Basically I'm getting butt kicked night in and night out.

CM: What's the difference here?

LK: Well i'll tell you what's not different. My desire to win. Physically i'll catch up, and when I do, watch out!

CM: Tell us a bit about your style?

LK: I'll be in striking. A lot of guys go for the big move finish, I like to strike, find cover and end it on the mat. You gotta strike fast hard and first.

CM: Has that not translated?

LK: Oh no, it definitely has translated, the difference is that I'm still young and a lot of these guys are bigger and stronger. I just gotta stay with it.

CM: Well I just wanna wish you the best of luck.

LK: Hey thanks Christian, it was a big boost for my career when you covered me in St. Lou.

CM: You make the news kid, I just report it. Take care.


It's terrific hearing from the young talent here at the EWF. Next week I'll be bringing you an exclusive interview with Drew Berkowitz, brother to William Berkowitz, and son to the infamous R.D. Iguana.

No comments: